Monday, April 4, 2011

Sunbreak Cafe

I wouldn't exactly say we've been ignoring this restaurant, we have ate there before ,a few years back. We have thought about going there recently,but there was always someplace else we wanted to try. MSue would say "I dont know what people see in that place" I think it might have had something to do with the long wait to get in,thats what I think any ways,and quite frankly that was about all I remember about it, after all it's been a couple o years since we've been there. At a Thomas Jefferson auction we recently attented , we purchased two gift certificates to dine at said establishment, and this sunday we decided " what the heck" lets go. Smoj (small oj) Val and ol Hot T ditched us this am, I guess they had something more important to do, I cant imagine , something like a vacation to the ocean, whatever! we were gonna eat anyways with or without those guys, although honestly this blog loses something with out that Ol Hot T Sarcasm,and oh no! Smoj ordered cranberry juice, what will I write about? So here go's The FF (famished four) reduced by half , so lets call us the Hungry half, for this sunday anyway,plus one, as my daughter Jessica graced us with her presence today. We arrived at the Sunbreak Cafe about 8:45, and WOW! got right in, thats different! where did the line that went around the joint go?Eh! who cares! we were in and seated by 8:50, not to shabby I'd say! Well same ol same ol, MSue ordered Ice T w/lemon, Apple juice for Jessica,and of course, Coffee for ol Jimmy, big surprise! Msue for breakfast ordered a Scramble with Bacon,spinach ,cheese and assorted veggies, and enough hashbrowns to make to make the plate lean to one side, she ate a little and brought home enough grub for two more meals, she kept commenting, why didn't we like this place? wow! look at all that bacon in my breakfast,mmm good! anyway she really liked it. Jessica ordered the CFS, now with The Sunbreak's Cfs,you can order a full order or a half an order,thinking ahead she orders the full slab! Well ,when her meal arrived she received 2 cfs's ridin topside over as many Browns as MSue had or more plus two eggs scrambled(well done) mm whos daughter? I gotta tell ya a hungry person could easily split this meal, and the full order was 14.50, not cheap, but really good, listen up Timmy! pretty good CFS's that is if you can get past the Monte Cristo Sandwich, they have one there that is pretty good ,if I remember correctly, it's what I ordered when last I ate there. Buuut not this time! Nopers, I ordered the Eggs Benedict, also available in a half order. Not to be fooled by gimicks. I went whole hog, so to speak. My breakfast came to the table with just as many Browns as my dates did, Now they have 2 other options for Eggs Benny, a smoked turkey affair, or Florentine, with spinach. Nah! I got me the origional, you know ,with bacon de canuck,two poached perfect egglys, and all covered with what might be the best Hollandaise I 've ever had! (watch out Chelan Cafe) all slooshed down with more hot Jo than I can remember drinking at breakfast, mind you not the best coffee,but still pretty good, I kept gettin the 3 sip fill up, the service, needless to say was exceptional, the owners and the waitstaff, johnny on the spot, I think even the cook came out to check on us, So why havent we been there in a while? dont know, cant imagine. I was wondering what happened to the huge line that we use to encounter, well it was there when we were on the way out! we apparently arrived at a good time,It did not reach out the building , but the Cafe has little partitions alla Disneyland, to handle the Gilongest of lines. Oh for Criminy sakes I forgot to mention the bread options. You have your choice of Orange Cranberry Muffins,toast of choice,or Banana bread, I went for the Nanna bread while my two companions had the Muffins, equally as good as the rest of the meal, they also sell the Banana bread for 8 bucks a loaf, pretty spendy , but also pretty darn good! So in Closing neither Myself or MSue could remember why we havent been to the Sunbreak for so long, but we do know that it was damn good, and all the fuss you' ve all read about? all true! Too bad Ol Hot and Smoj were not there to enjoy with us, maybe, if they're lucky, we will take them with us on what will undoubtably be a return visit! Yeppers the Sunbreak Cafe On Main St in Auburn, not the cheapest joint in town, but maybe one of the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment