Sunday, March 27, 2011

West Seattle... Again? Charlestown Cafe

Well I"ve heard about the Charlestown Cafe from many of my Westside buddies,and again more recently from a coworker, she said she goes there quite freqently ,so not having been there, so I thought, we put it up to a vote this Sun AM and the FF's consensus was unanimous,albeit short 1 vote , you see , MSue is out of town once again,so she didn't get a say. So before I get to far along with this I gotta say "Thanks Alice" good choice. Like I stated earlier ,as to not having been there before, I was there a lot, pre 1979, when it was the Country Kitchen, so lets be fair and say alot of my 70's memories are a little fuzzy,cant imagine why? So Ol Hot T and Smoj drove this time, and we arrived about 9 ish,got right in, although a pretty good crowd was already assembled, feedbags attached! HT Ken of course ordered Hot T, Smoj had the .... yep OJ, fresh squeezed no less,and I of course my old familer cup o jo. Val (smoj) ordered the Dungeness CrabCake Benny, no english muffin on this one, a couple of nicely sized CC's topped off with some nicely poached eggsters and of course homemade hollandaise,served with homefried spuds... lets just say Smoj was a good eater today,as she had no leftovers to cart home. Hot T had the Mexican Omelette, filled with a Gorgans share of Chorizo, assorted veggies, and cheese, topped with Avocado and Sour cream, Fat as a football , this thang was, but much more appetizing, with the very same homefries flyin wingman,plus four slices of wheat toast that was about an inch thick per slice, OH how he ranted and raved over his breakfast, Alas it was too much for Ol Hot T ,as he could not complete the Eat! Not much of Patches Pal Ken, no longer a member of the clean plate club, ( I of Course have been a Member in good standing for years now) Yep, he took about half home. As for my Grub o Choice this morning, I usually go for the CFS, when first I try an establishment, thats kinda how I rate these joints is how good that particular Item is ,then on a return trip( if deemed worthy) work my way thru the Bennedicts, to the Pancakes. I gotta say I darn near ordered the Eggs Benny, cuz as Smoj was quizzing the waitress on her order ( had she ever had it yada yada yada, like she always does), the Waitress said " Our Hollandaise is Amazing" I have never heard hollandaise described as Amazing before, so I almost changed my mind... it was pretty tasty, but like I said , almost. So having talked to MSue this morn before breakfast, she had said she had the CFS where she was at for breakfast,and oddly enough, her friend had Crabcake Bennedict as well, I was a bit of a copycat and I ordered the CFS, big surprise huh? Watch out Draftchoice in Covington, are you listening Browns Point Diner? The Charlestown Cafe's CFS is as good as the both of yours and darn near as big as Daves Diner's in SeaTac . Light and Crispy, juuuust the right amount o grease and about the size of a flattened football, MM! Tastrificallicious, of course darn good gravy,and the homeys on rythym guitar with two Eggamundos over perfecto playin backup. The Coffee was basic Jo, but brewed strong enough to be quite enjoyable for Jimmy .My membership in the Patches pal Clean plate club is in jepeordy also, as I did not complete my meal. So again, thanks Alice, good choice, really good food, good service. Its enough to make a feller want to move back to the westside, what with the food choices and all , Heck what with the Chelan Cafe, and of course Easy Street, which was blogged a couple a weeks ago, Not to mention My Favorite ... Spuds ! You know what they say? Once a Westsider always a westsider , cant say that I blame em

No comments:

Post a Comment