Monday, April 18, 2011

Brown Bag Cafe

Hello Blogomaniacs!,remember last weeks blog?... you know... the Avalon, and I went on a bit about larger than life portions as opposed to more reasonable sized fare, well this sunday we went to the dark side, The Brown Bag Cafe, where portions are hugeormous, the waitstaff , young, but capable, and the wait to get in was about 20 minutes, not bad considering the line was out the door on our arrival at about 9:30 ish. So Ol Hot T Ken and his ball an chain gal Val (smoj) drove the FF(famished four) this morning, easy to find joint , right off 116th ne in Kirkland, yes I said Kirkland... it was my buddy Rons suggestion, drivin for grub doesn't disuade the FF's quest no sirree. Ken and I dropped the chicklets off at the door and proceeded to try and locate a spot in which to park the Hot T mobile, and after circumnavigating said P lot at least three times we did indeed find one, I gotta say tho, I felt a little sorry for the Sharis restaraunt which shares the same lot, it did not look like they were too busy. So in we go, us four, this not so little cafe is in extreme need of a interior make over, but considering the business it was doing the management probably doesn't agree. It's kinda country,farmhousy on the inside, you know old utensils hanging on the walls a Saddle in the waiting area, but I digress ,enough interior talk (totally different blog, I may start some time). Smoj (Val) ordered the Spinach ,Bacon, and Mushroom Skillet, with the above ingredients ridin high atop a slab o hashbrowns, covered with cheese ,plus toast . Oh yeh the toast,probably the funniest part of this place, its all you can eat! what all you can eat toast? who does that? Well these guys do, and and as funny as I thought AYCE toast sounds , it makes sense here, cuz all they're bread is homemade from the rye to the english muffins and its ginormous, english muffins the size of a medium saucer, bread slices the size of lunchplates and both at least an inch thick, needless to say judging by the size of the portions, no ones gonna want more toast, but it was delicous. So any way Vals breakfast was accompanied by a small cranberry juice(very funny Val) she gives me a look everytime she doesn't order oj. I'm not sure she likes her nickname... but too frikkin bad I've come to far to start changin things around now, and might I add, her skillet was giant! Ok enough Smoj coverage, on to good ol predictable Hot T Ken, he ordered the Potatoe Sausage Skillet,same kinda affair as Vals, but with sausage, you know the drill... all floating on the browns.. covered and smothered wit fromage o choice, along with Hot T ,Kenny boy was a happy dude! he had the english frisbees.. er I mean muffins with his,.. mmmm satisfactory. You've heard me talk of Joe, and why he deserves a special breakfast? dont know dont care , but he has a place on the menu here as well, yep he must be somethin that joe, anyways MSue ordered it , it consisting of burger, onions, and garlic ,eggs scrambled well done , side o salsa. along with Ice T w/ lemon to make everthing in the world right again, yep along with her wheat toast gigantico, quite the meal for my lovely bride, plus.. two days lunch, yep a bunch of food also. Me? well glad you asked! I went off the page a bit this sunday mornin, I ordered up a skillet as well, but not just any skillet, no sir it was a hot link sausage slap o grub... yep yep on top of ol taters... all covered with cheese... I got food all on me when I started to sneeze...Ok not really... but it just sort of went with the whole "On Top of Ol" theme that I had goin on, yep I had a loaf size slice of wheat toast and all the basic brown to wash it all down! I dont usually get this type of meal, you know stuff all mixed up and playin around with each other, but I like Hot lincs,so i did it! and I gotta say I received a few looks from the remainder of the FF group... Care not I did... tho my memory not bein what it used to be, last time I went off road on the Jim side of menu I was a tad disappointed, but today... eh! I'd get somethin else, if I could turn back the clock. I did not mention earlier that you can doctor up your browns with onion and cheese, if the moment should strike you , which it did not. I have to believe that the Biscuits and gravy must come in a wheelbarrow, cuz if the bread and muffins are that big the Skits must be be like hub caps. Yes folks the Brown Bag Cafe in Kirkland... will we go back? maybe. It is in Kirkland after all... and my friends thats a long way to go for all you can eat toast! buuut it is damn good toast! I think they should have a Jims Special... let me think on that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment