Sunday, March 21, 2010

True Blue!

Tried and true, The Chelan comes through! The Chelan Cafe, a little place on Spokane st. underneath the West Seattle bridge continues to put out a quality breakfast time and time again, and whats more , its relatively cheap {Big reason it's one of the B-fast fours favs} I dont really know how long the Chelans been in business,but it's been there as long as I can remember. It's always crowded , parking can be a challenge,but it's always worth it! I decided on friday doggonnit! that I was having pancakes on our sunday quest, and when I think pancakes , I think Chelan. I dont know what it is about em and I know people tend to think pancakes arn't that big a deal but if youre a pancake kinda guy like me, then you need to put the Chelan on your breakfast list. It's not just the p-cakes that brings the hungry four back to that little cafe time and time again no no no, every thing we've tried for breakfast there has been great , The CFS is very good, light and crispy with good country gravy, and speaking of gravy their sausage gravy for their biscuits is damn near as good as homemade, Eggs benny is good good good, great browns too.Soooo as I ramble on about what is no doubt one of my favs, and one of West Seattles favs to,as it was voted "Best Breakfast 2009 in West Seattle" I am not surprised. Today after a 10 minute wait, we were seated beneath the many maritime signs and mementos that is the decor of the Chelan ,ready to dig in. Yep , small oj for Val and her partner Hot Tea Ken, yawn... but they like what they like. Ken had the "Country Benedict" Two biscuits with patty sausage ,scrambled eggs all smothered and covered with your choice of Country gravy or Sausage, Ken elected for the latter, he decided after the fact that if he ordered it again he would choose the country style, but he polished it off and had that satisfied look only a Chelan breakfast brings. MSue had Eggs benny with her egg scrambled well done, she likes her eggs that way and sometimes the waitstaff gets abit confused, that she only wants one egg to split over the muffins instead of the usual two. It works out good for me though cuz I ordered the Pancake Sandwich, which is two big cakes one egg and choice of meat. I chose the sausage patty for little extra charge and I like my eggs over medium and since Msue only wanted 1 egg they gave me her other one,what a deal aye? and when you order your eggs they are always perfect at the Chelan I dont know, maybe its me, but I think the cook there sure knows his way around a fried egg! outstanding as usual! Val also had the Pancake sammy but she had hers with blueberries, egg scrambled, side o ham . Yummy Times for sure! Wait I know what your thinking... He found the perfect place, no need to go anywhere else, not true! for the cup o jo at the Chelan I'm afraid is sadly below par although I keep ordering it it never gets any better, the food is good and they have Ice tea thank goodness for that,the last place didn't. and for Msues and my breakfast the bill was just some change over 20 bucks, Ken and Vals was under that! Now keep in mind the Chelan is not one of those places, where you bring tons o leftovers home, no the portions are not ginormous but quality before quantity is my choice every time. Yeppers, The Chelan Cafe one of our favs although usually followed by a trip to Starbucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment