Monday, March 1, 2010

Fishermans Wharf

February 28th 2010, A quick introduction I think would be appropriate. We the members of Sunday Breakfast are as follows; Jim {thats me!} My Wife;Mary Sue,we shall refer to her as M Sue,and our partners in crime or culinary conspirators, if you will,Ken and Val,we shall refer to them as Ken and Val. at first I thought it would be cute to refer to us as our usual beveridge , Ken would be Hot Tea, and his lovely wife Val would be forever known as small oj. BUUUt M Sue did not want to be known as Ice tea with lemon,soooo. M Sue ,Ken and Val we are ,and will remain. I admit that it's a bit unfair to expect the Diners we visit after enjoying a cup of jo of my own creation or my usual grande drip from "Bucks"to compete so I will try to go coffeeless until breakfast is served,I said I'll try. Off to Fishermans Wharf {we live in Federal Way}we go Sun am right about the crack of 930,it is sunday after all ,a day of rest ,I needs me
beautysleep, Nuff said . Our quest is the Bay Cafe and Ken with me {The Human Compass} ridin shotgun, had no problem guiding the Crv to the perfect parking spot in front of Diner we seeked. The ladies hopped out to snag a table or elbow a few slow pokes out of the way and we were seated immediately. I got to tell you I was abit taken aback when I read the "Daily Specials" on our way to our table, there were others on there ,I'm sure but all I saw was "grilled oysters"and eggs.So much for checking out what appeared to be an impressive b-fast menu, I was sunk! Oysters for Breakfast? Heck yeh I ordered em, and they were awsome! 6 of the plump beauties served with eggs over medium and what are reputed to be the best browns in town.Ok thats quite a claim, best in town!, I dont know bout that but pretty darn good browns they were. Enough about my food, oh yeh the coffee was ok,although bottmless it was typical diner type jo. M Sue had Chicken Fried Steak,Hashbrowns extra crispy,Eggs scrambled well done ,side of salsa. She said all was good, I tasted her steak and I concurred, although I believe my Bride prefers country gravy on her CFS , this came with sausage ,it was still pretty good. Ken had a Corned beef Omelette, w/browns and Rye toast, he couldn't eat it all .Val had some sort of Seafood mixed eggy thing with hollandaise, she could not finish hers either but said it was yummy! The help was very good ,if not a little wise acrey, they were impressed we came all the way from Federal Way,Soooo Best in town I dont know , but I do know it was darn good and we will go back ! I mean Oysters for cryin out loud! {and besides they have Oysters Benedict HELLO!!} gotta try that.

1 comment: