Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Still the Best!

Well blogomaniacs , seems like I've been slacking on the ol Blog lately...according to Smoj anyway, I have not blogged on joints previously visited. Val finally read the blog and was wondering since we eat every Sunday, why then was there not some notice of noshing on certain days, well I sez...cuz, I didn't feel it necessary to repeat, you know been there done that! Well I was soundly out voted, so's, I'm gonna tell ya all about The Chelan Cafe again. Hot T and Smoj drove this time, we left a little earlier than the usual time of ninish and were on the road rounda bout 830ish. You see there was a football game on, you might remember the Seahawks, I wanted to get back home in time to watch at least part of the game. This is how breakfast works with us and normally it aint no thing, the drive to the Chelan is about 20 to 25 minutes, another 5 to ten to wait for a table at the Chelan, once seated, another 2 to 3 to order, maybe ten to 15 more for our food to arrive. once it arrives another 20 to 25 to consume it...it was gonna be close, another 5 to look at the bill, you know debit or cash, how much tip etc. As you can see we've already missed the kickoff, but I forgot the most important part, the time M-sue and Smoj take to yak! or as they say visit, please, they've known each other for years! but...yak they do for at least 15 minutes, what cha gonna do? what can you do? it is what it is. We did however get food, maybe I should tell you about that. We got right in, no waiting, odd...there was a GAME on afterall, M-sue had Bacon and Eggs scrambledwelldonesideosalsa, yes its one word, plus a side of Biscuits and some of the best sausage gravy in town and Ice T w/lemon mmmmm good! Smoj ordered Chef Eddy's special, consiting of two delicious hotcakes ,1 egg how you like, plus meat o choice (Ham), OJ naturally to wash it all down, she scarrfed it all, she did...wonderful meal she exclaimed! Ol Hot T had the BBIT (best breakfast in town) cute huh? a scramble consisting of most of the meats on the menu, plus onions, peppers, cheese and browns all mixed up, plus toast and of course Hot Tea to finish it off. As for me, well I had my Hangover breakfast, although no hangover was involved, yep Country Benedict for me! Two Biscuits, two slabs of patty sausage, two scrambled eggsters.....wait for it..... and all covered with that same sausage gravy, plus browns baby! although I should add, it comes with Country gravy, the sausage gravy is a buck 90 xtra, Hell yeh! its that good, all swilled down with average jo, but plenty of it! So Smoj! I did it, I wrote about it again, not that your gonna read it any time soon. The Chelan is close to the best around, It's a Famished Four Fav(FFF) It should be a stop for everyone who enjoys a good breakfast at a decent price. We will go back, oh yes we will, buuutt.......I wont get so wordy next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment