Monday, January 24, 2011

Ginormous Cinnamon Rolls... and...

We've been talking about visiting the Maltby Cafe for some time, I mean for cryin out loud everyones heard of it , every paper has written about it, Best Breakfast this and best breakfast that. So we the, Famished Four (FF) decided it was time. We got up earlier than usual... no really,about 7:00 am,got rollin rounda bout 8 . We set the GPS for our quest and Msue and I whisked away to pick up Smoj and Ol Hot T. Now I'd like to blame the GPS, I really would... but it took us a bit longer than expected to arrive at the Maltby Cafe,maybe it was the confusion between the difference between hwy 520 and 522,(I took 520), re calculating route , re calculating route, blah ,blah ,blah. We did arrive however late, and with the help of and old friend of mine,(havent seen him in about 10 years) Kenny McCoy, he met us there and put our name on the list. Kenny lives in Snohomish, and we talk from time to time, it was great to see him all beit for such a short time as he had a prior engagement in Bellingham, a nieces birthday, I believe. We'll get together again soon I hope. Ok about the Cafe , it is in the basement of the old Maltby Gymnasium, not really a very big place, but it sure was packed,we had a 15 to 20 minute wait, not to bad really. This Place was kinda homey, friendly staff, gift shop,yep all o that. It smelled like your moms house at breakfast time mmmm kinda bacony,cinnamony, coffee all rolled into one. We were seated and immediatly beveraged... Ol Hot T and Smoj were'nt foolin anyone, yep T and OJ for them,IceT w/lemon for Msue, and I of course had Coffee (really?) It arrived... I took a sip... oh my... it was really good ( oh man it was Starbucks) I thought well thats it.. no more searching for me, this is it, the coffee was great, and the food, by the looks of this joint was gonna be off the hook! The Maltby Cafe is famous for their Huge Cinnamon Rolls, we ordered 1 for the table, MSue and I split a quarter of that gihugent ,sweet, sticky thang. Yep pretty good it was, although driving that far for one ? not so sure. Smoj ordered the "Tuscan Scramble" kind of an italian type affair... kinda like pizza eggs, (tomatoes, sausage, onions, peppers, olives and cheese) along with it came their homemade red potatoes (awsomealicious) and 2 giant slices of toast , (Homemade also) it really looked good, she said it was, half of it went home with her, Msue followed suit, yep same thing for her but without the olives, and a side o salsa . Hot T ordered the Sausage and egg plate, which consisted of scrambled eggs, sausage patties,and Biscuits and Gravy,... Wow what a plate o grub, pretty darn good gravy I gotta say, I did sneak a taste , well he offered , lets just say he took some home as well. I along with my delicious coffee ,ordered their country style Eggs Benedict, one of their homemade biscuits split with 3 eggs (me likey) chunk o ham and all covered with hollandaise and and all snuggled up with the same red potatoes, yep pretty darn good all round fill ya up grub. Best ever? I dunno, but it was pretty good, the coffee was probably the best part though, the service was great! We all concurred we would go back,although it was quite a haul up there. we shouldnt' really complain cuz once we figured out where it was , the drive home wasn't too bad . It did have autographs of celebritys througout the place, The one of JP Patches brings it all home baby... yeh Julius Pierpont Patches ate there!!! just cuz o that I'll go back!!! pretty good coffee and JP !

No comments:

Post a Comment