Sunday, May 30, 2010

Pete's Egg Nest

Yes I realize I've skipped a week, we did have breakfast last week at the Chelan... nuff said! My little darlin Wobes is back from San Francisco and she wanted to go to the Chelan and generally speaking , what little darlin wants, well you know the rest.Soo with Wobes sleeping after a night of whatever with her homies, MSue and I along with HTK {Hot t Ken} and SOJ {Val} off we went to Pete's Egg Nest in Greenwood, Between 65th and 80th on Greenwood ave in north Seattle. The review said to get there early {usually a wait} and parking was questionable. Shoot Son.. HTK dropped the chickies right in front and found a spot to park right across the street, the girls got us a table, and in we walked., Lucky,I've probably been in noisier cafes before, but I dont know when, But I soon realized it was the sound of happy people gettin their grub on! The Decor of this little joint consists of Photos of Greece and Photos of Family. Last week I told Y'all about Voulas,well like Voulas , Petes Egg nest as well as Petes employees, appear to be of Greek descent, that being said, I gotta go to Greece , that is if they eat like this all the time, Criminy! what a pile o food! They have a pretty big menu at Petes and it was hard to make a descision, but we did, and all in all the right one! Msue had the Farmers Scramble, a wheelbarrow full of food ! Eggs, Veggies smothered with Cheddar on top of probably the best Browns ever!! wonderful! MSue exclaimed , but she would have preferred the browns not covered up, all washed down with plenty of Ice T w/lemon, Val had the "California" Scramble, shrooms , avocados and plenty of other veggies... and topped with sour cream.. maan! but I dont think hers was on top of her browns, oh well! As per her usual vitamin C fix, Small OJ did not dissapoint . HTK of course, had his usual English breakfast T, {So British of him!} His choice for food was a Special Benny! It came with andouille sausage , spinach and shrooms with 3 poachers and covered in hollendaise, plus a slab o crispy browns, Holy Mackerel! it looked delish! He said it was , and claimed the browns were the best ever! Well as far as mine went , I usually go for CFS when I go to a new place, So's I can compare how they rate with others I've had.Pete's did not dissapoint no no no , crispy, hot and covered with pretty damn good sausage gravy, a brick size slab of freakin awsome browns, plus 3, yes I said 3, perfectly over medium eggsters!... me likey? Yeppers I did, oh yeh and it came with biscuits and gravy on the side, Wut uuupp! Next time we go there, oh yes there will be a next time! I will order differantly, only because the menu is big, and I had my eyes on a greek sausage and egg thing I gotta try! My only disappointment was the coffee, the service was friendly and the coffee was constantly full, but it was full of Farmers coffee .. not good jo, but hot. Luckily for me around the corner was a little coffee place called Mikalas, Super good drip jo! also in a real mug if you drink it there! much like Fremont Roasters, that I went on and on about in a previous blog. Msue and Val each had a small Chai T, of which they said was fantasmic! I'm thinking of moving up north just for the coffee! So , Did we like Pete's Egg Nest? Yes we did! Will we go back? Yes we will! But there are so many places to try still, although if they ever got in cahoots with the coffee shop around the corner , there may never be a reason to eat anywhere else! Pete's is goin down as a FFF {Famished Four Fav}

No comments:

Post a Comment