Monday, May 25, 2015

Hitting the Mark ,Burien Style

Yes , Its been a while, I am aware of the lack of Posts in Blogville, but up until now, its been "same ol same ol"..... yeh we've ate at Maggies a lot, please don't be "hatein" Maggies is really good all the time , its very consistent,and we were there on Saturday and ran in to an old Chum.. Eric and his wife Laurie,.....I'd like to think it was my commentary  that brought  them in as Maggies regulars..... oh the ego...right?..But I didn't take finger to key to talk about a place I've gone on ad nauseum .                     The old cast was together again this sunday, Yep the FF (Famished Four) was riding again, this time on Smojs  suggestion , we went to "The Mark"in good ol Burien  , or should I say Olde Burien, its west of Ambaum , on 152 nd.    Its a nice little Bar in a nice little part of said town, across from the Burien beauty salon (used to cut my hair there, Hi Norma) the Tin Room is across the street as well, also a nice nosh.. been there for lunch, I like Burien, it still has a small town feel, in places, some times it's hard to tell where White Center ends and Burien begins, but there is noubt that the Mark resides in Good ol Burien   and they have a Vinces there, nuff said!   (Best Pizza ever)                 So, The Mark....We had a late start this Sunday, did not arrive until 11 ish, but they Brunch till 3:00 , so no worries for the FF, we started off as per the usual... Ol Hot T had a Bloody Mary, Smoj had cranberry juice, Msue had of course Ice Tea with lemon and I copy catted Ol Hot T with my own Bloody Mary.... and Coffee.... Smoj was on point this am with her decision  to order the Crab Eggs Bennedict, which was constructed of ...Crab ( Dungeness) spinach and tomatoes , Hollandaise  of course , partnered up with house taters (country fried w/onions)  and just about polished the meal off, a small box of shame was requested, but was left at the table.... sigh! sorry Val.                                      Ol Hot T ordered the "Chevy" omelette  Ham ,Bacon and Sausage Peppers and Tomatoes all held in place with some good ol Tillamook Cheddar, no box of shame for the Hot Man,he walked through the egg dish and left no prisoners, pretty darned good Ken exclaimed!                                                          My very own Lovely Bride Msue , had the Mark Scramble, with Prime Rib and Tomatoes,Onions,Mushrooms and Provel Cheese,  Provel?  apparently its a blend, a melange of four white cheeses according to our Waiter ,It makes for a really good melt,.... Msue did not care for the Provel, she compared it to cheese whiz, she said she would try the Mark Scramble again , only with good ol Cheddar,      but she raved for the Ice Tea (Tahitian)   so not a total loss                                    I went a different direction ...Really?  How odd of me... I had the Baked Eggs Neptune, which consisted of Asparagus,Tomatoes with cheddar and afore mentioned Provel cheese, all smothered and covered with Hollandaise and Dungeness crab... snoodled up with Country Taters and a Biscuit  MM!   I actually liked the Provel cheese....this breakfast dish was quite possibly one of the best eats I've had had in quite some time...and Baked Eggs? delicious and runny, whites cooked perfect, the dish is constructed and the eggs are placed on top... and baked to perfection. covered with the sauce and consumed heartily .... the coffee was good as well, although apparently not bottomless, (refilled only once)    The Jams and Jellies were brought to the table in compotes with spoons, a nicer variation from the typical jelly packs... and they had Marmalade....Yep I love me some Marmlade!       The rest of the Menu was interesting, as in the Bread Pudding French Toast, (sounds Yumtastic)          The Mark also has a Breakfast Happy Hour, where your meal is 3 dollars off... I think Its Monday thru Friday early.....It was nice to go to a place new to  the Famished Four,I wouldn't say we've gotten in a rut. but nothing really Blog worthy, cuz it's really about the company and the food is secondary,    but when its really good , like todays fare was in my opinion, I gots to reach out to my Peeps and let em know That The Mark in Olde Burien Gets 3 MMs as in  MM MM MM!  besides I gotta try that Bread Pudding French Toast                         

1 comment:

  1. You did lead us to the culinary yumminess that is Maggie's, and now we're semi-regulars, so thanks! Your reviews are factual and fun, and we can trust your gustatory judgments. So...time to check out "The Mark", looks like!

    ReplyDelete