Sunday, November 16, 2014

Another Biscuit?....The Biscuit Cafe ... Federal Way

I assure you , There really is no "Biscuit Theme" here... that being said my lovely wife and I were at the Federal Way Costco on saturday when she looked to the left and said "hey!"  Biscuits open for breakfast, As it turns out, its the very same Biscuits franchise that we have visited  in Oregon, to rave revues I might add, So after a very short discussion ,Msue and I thought Hmm? Lets try it.                   Now I  really dont recall what we all had way back when, but I do remember it was in Lake Oswego with our friends Eric and Patty Baker, and our friends (now In laws) Mike and Sheri Brown, we were delivering a chair to our kids Cassidy and Brian(now Mr and Mrs Brown) , I was gimping along , broken leg and all..... and I remember The Stumptown coffee they served  MM!    So we were expecting big things from the morning nosh, my Bride and I                                                                   We were flyin solo this sunday as our fellow noshers were not in attendance... they're in the beautiful state of Hawaii enjoying some sunshine  with their own bfast, no doubt with some Hot T and a small OJ.........   So we arrived at "Biscuits Cafe" around 8:30 or 8:45 and sat right down, good timing on our part as it got increasingly busier and the line to get in steadily longer.    So as we sat and perused the  ample menu, Msue started reading the reviews on Yelp , and most were slightly unfavorable.         Not to be deterred, we started off our meal with an Ice T w/lemon and of course a cup of Jo for myself..... Sadly it was not the expected Stumptown I so enjoyed at the Lake Oswegian version ,but a rather poor substitute reminiscent of hot water with a brown crayon dipped in it.... mmm yummy        So a rather poor start for me... but it wasnt a total loss yet, poor coffee or not, they kept it full for me ...good job Jimella! our waitress for the morning.    MSue decided on Biscuits and gravy, With a scrambledeggsideofsalsa, ( one word) and of course the meat o choice BACON ( her favorite food ever!    and my Meal du jour was the "Country Benedict"  you find it more and more on different menus , it consists of a  Biscuit carryin a sausage patty topped with a couple eggys de poach, smothered and covered with Sausage gravy, both our meals came with hashbrowns... the star of both plates... crispy and delightful!... We both concurred that the Sausage gravy, while not the best we ever had was rather bland, but not so bad that we wouldnt come back to try this cafe again.... I think I would try something else, MSue was in complete agreement....                                                              The menu was pretty large.... some intriguing items were Huevos Rancheros....mmm mexi eggs!, might try those, also Chicken and Waffles  yumarroo!..... But all in all it wasnt too bad, it just wasnt great, the food that is, my eggs were poached nicely... and apparently Msues were scrambled to her satisfaction....I guess it all came down to the gravy.... soso as it was . So we'll go back, haul Ol Hot T and Smoj out of their Island Paradise and let them try it out with us.        This was the first time we've been to a local joint that wasn't Maggies , frankly an unfair comparison ,    but what was a highlight of our morning meal... was the service, our waitress Jimella was on point completely, Poor tasting coffee attentively full , two refills on MSues Ice Tea, and the hash browns were crispy and good and she did like her bacon.           Sooo dissapointed?  yeh a little.... discouraged?    nope! you gotta take some mediocrity with the Yumtastic   and we will give Biscuits Cafe another chance.... Lucky for me Starbucks was just around the corner                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment