Sunday, October 12, 2014

Maggies aaannnd Maggies

Two weeks in a row?   Yeh , I know a tad out of character for me but it seemed like the right thing to do, considering the circumstances...      You all know how myself and the FF ( famished four)roll on these matters, we try to to go to new places but sometimes we just cant help our selves and we revert to some of our old haunts.......... Take "Maggies on Meeker" for instance,  its not the classiest of cafes, its not an intimate little bistro tucked away in some quaint part of Kent...(Hah ! Quaint and Kent?) thats like saying a quaint part of Lynnwood.      What Maggies is is good!  , good food, good service!......... What else they are is a neighborly place where friends meet for lunch or breakfast, its loud when crowded, mismatched tables and coffee mugs...... and if you happen to be at the Pied Piper Tavern next door?... you can get breakfast or lunch delivered from Maggies, What else Maggies has is the best ( yes I said best) homemade Cornbeef hash I've ever had, not to be confused with the standard fare canned  Hash available on the week days, this concoction of chunks o meat plus taters and veggies is available only on the weekends,  along with eggs perfecto and choice of toast.  I dont recall any of the food there disappointing  me or any of us ever.      We've had lunch at Maggies as well, equally as good,  Blts, burgers , clubhouse, yep standard lunch food but its always on point............My Spousal unit Msue, more times than not for breakfast, gets the Homemade Quiche , and they usually have 6 or 7 different varieties, She says . Its the best ever, its about 3 inches thick and delicious, I actually had it   today, it was the" Milwaukee" Quiche, bratwurst , cheese, onions and peppers.... Quite Tasty!.........The reason the names on the title twice is we went there today( Sunday) with Ol Hot T and Smoj, and Msue and I went there yesterday, I worked Saturday till (9:45) and met Msue after that............ she of course had the Quiche.. she wanted the Porker (full of meat) but alas the popular variety was sold out, she settled for the "Tuscan" in its stead,  ( Prosciutto, artichoke hearts, Parmesan)... I tasted it , and decided that maybe I'd order quiche someday, it was pretty darned good, and it didnt have to be covered in gravy for me to like it, although if it was? I'd so order it..... ok so she had the Quiche and I had a Waffle along with an egg and choice of meat(bacon) , also very good,But one egg?please!  You all know how I LOves me some eggs.... so I get two!...       The standard Breakfast menu reads as you'd suspect ,but on the weekends they have specials... usually always the same ones, along with the variety of Quiches and CB Hash I'm so crazy about, they have Meatloaf and eggs, the piece of meat loaf is as big as a brick, and a Chorizo Omelette, both MM! ....The griddle items are basic, but well executed, They have a fruit waffle that has a couple inches thick of assorted fruit, plus piled with whip cream, haven' t had that yet....they also have a Bacon Waffle.. Bacon right inside the darn thing.              So today it was Val and Kens (OLHot T and Smoj) choice, they had plans early afternoon so they opted for local and Maggies it was, and bein the easy goin types as Msue and I are? it was all ok with us.           we walked in this am rounda bout 10 , sat ourselves, which is protocol, OL Hot T and Smoj  joined us quickly after.           After a little deliberation  Val ordered Quiche Lorraine..(cheese and spinach) MSue opted for the Porker (Quiche) , Ham ,bacon... very oinky, I had the above mentioned Milwaukee Quiche, it came with a fruit bowl (they all do) and a side of dijon aioli, never have been a quiche guy, I can almost always find something  more breakfasty, and most obviously more macho , and of course all of this was washed down with our usual drink of choice.           Yep we went to Maggies two days in a row ,just cuz we like it! ...For some reason if you dont get enough to eat there they also have a wide variety of homemade desserts....cookies with entire peanut butter cups on them, soft squishy cinnamony snickerdoodles, cinnamon rolls.. or my personal favorite, Bran Muffins that taste like mini carrot cakes, Msue and her work crew sometimes lunch at Maggies and she always brings me one home.                               So my many followers if you do find your way to the "Quaint" side of Kent Washington , look up Maggies on Meeker   and dont be afraid of the Quiche     (Although once I think I overheard someone pronounce it kwi shay)..... Kent go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment