Sunday, May 15, 2011

Scoreboard Pub

Scoreboard Pub... for breakfast? Damn straight! Darn good! So fellow Bloggominas, MSue and I did something a little out of character for breakfast this AM, we ditched Ol Hot T and Smoj and dined alone , actually they had other plans, sooo couldn't make the trip . The Scoreboard Pub is a favorite of mine, has been for a long time, they have a great bar and the the food is really good, but I usually go in the evening, either with a few couples or just a few buddys for beers and grub. The Pub (as I like to call it) has served breakfast for a while, but they recently revamped the menu for breakfast and it sounded good. I gotta admit it seems a little odd to go in there in the morning, or to walk in and not be greeted with a large Manny's pale ale as is my usual there, but in we walked , not very busy, I guess the breakfast word is not out yet, I expect it wont be long. The Scoreboard is located on 324th in Federal Way, across from Celebration Park, needless to say quite a few sports teams use this as their after game stop, Its a big bar, staffed with friendly people, and for a small kitchen puts out a pretty large menu, plus specials everyday, trivia night , cribbage tournys, golf tournaments etc a very involved establishment . Yeh Yeh ok its obvious I like this joint, lets talk about breakfast shall we!! Like I said a new breakfast menu, along with 2.99 Bloody Marys and Mimosas! did we get em? Heck yeh we did for that price, and the Bloody Mary was huge! ( might become one of my favs) So as far as food goes, my lovely bride ordered a Bacon ,mushroom and cheese scramble, or Jumble as they call it, it was quite a pile o grub, along with a slab of crispy browns and of course the Mimosa she was mighty satisfied she was , and of course took at least half home. Now before I get to my food, I gotta tell ya, I have a very special follower to my blog, that is a retired school teacher from Wisconsin, my Aunt Jean! She says she enjoys reading of the FF"s (famished four) exploits in am dining, but is a little concerned about my health, and some of my choices as far as food goes. Well Auntie I did think of you this morning, but I just couldn't order oatmeal and fresh fruit, sorry I'll eat healthy the rest of the week I promise. So I ordered what they call Bobe's Hangover Special... Kinda of a scoreboard version of tatertot casserole, tatertots stacked with bacon and burger patties covered with country gravy, american cheese, and surfin on top of it all ,..3 fried eggamundos over medium, not exactly the diet plate Huh Aunt Jean? but boy was it good! along with the afore mentioned bloody mary and a cup or two of pretty good coffee, damn skippy!! alas no leftovers for me I 'll have to ride my bike a few more days I guess Huh? Yep Yep The Scoreboard Pub! it's not just for Friday and Saturday nights anymore, sunday breakfast at the Pub has got it goin on! So Ken and Val (Ol Hot T and Smoj) when you grace us once again with your company, we'll have to back again and again and again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment